Warehouse Dock Coordinator - Inbound
Monday-Friday, 6:00AM – 2:30PM
The Warehouse Inbound Dock Coordinator will assist the Warehouse manager in the receipt of shipments “receiving to put away” process of quality home furniture coming into the Tacoma warehouse. The Dock Coordinator will be responsible for completing a variety of warehouse and coordinator functions and tasks with a "safety/quality first" philosophy to ensure the highest possible level of service to our customers and product quality, accuracy, and productivity.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
- Coordinates, completes, and submits all daily reports, PO and GRPO’S paperwork required to be sent and/or updates transmitted to other departments as required such as imports, purchasing and AP.
- Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure receipts are timely and accurate.
- Coordinates, expedites, and prioritizes the inbound team’s product receiving, unloading, staging, and put away process.
- Assists Imports and purchasing staff with the completion of daily responsibilities.
- Communicates with container freight carriers on any problems or concerns as directed.
- Communicates empty containers are ready for PU.
- Prioritizes PO and receipts and assigns off-loading of product to EHF employees in purchasing dept. and warehouse manager directed priority to include LFD.
- Assigns dock doors to inbound containers.
- Inspects product and containers for damage and documents/reports findings as directed.
- Special projects as assigned or directed.
- Ensures that the proper safety equipment is available and that all safety procedures are followed. Help all employees follow safety procedures and use safe handling practices to protect from injury/damage to other persons, company products or property.
- Ensures that quality standards for unloading, staging, and put away are consistently met.
- Assists in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and assists in training employees in their use.
- Responsible for general housekeeping, ensuring a clean and safe warehouse and inbound dock areas.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong "safety/quality first" philosophy
- Ability to positively influence others and promote great Teamwork
- Pro-active / Problem Solver
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Goal and detail oriented with a propensity for continuous improvement and task completion
- Safe use of lift trucks (i.e., order pickers, reach trucks and sit-down forklifts)
- Ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Strong math skills
- Ability to work occasional overtime
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Lead, Coordinator, or supervisory experience preferred
- 1+ years warehouse/distribution/material handling experience
- Certified lift truck experience: forklift, order picker, reach truck, etc.
- Handheld “RF gun” experience.
- SAP and/or other Warehouse Management System experience.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand, walk, lift, carry, bend knees, bend torso, bend back, use hand functions (close, grasp, pinch, and fine manipulation). The employee is frequently required to drive, push, pull, squat, stoop, and reach (overhead and below). The employee is occasionally required to sit, crawl, climb stairs and ladders.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to work in an uncontrolled temperature environment – extreme hot/cold temperatures in the warehouse and freight containers. Noise levels are very high. Regular exposure to: dust, gases and fumes (propane and battery fumes).
Appropriate tools are provided to perform the essential functions of the job: ear plugs, gloves, fall restraint harnesses, apron, eye protection, etc.
All offers are contingent on an acceptable drug screen, references, and background check.
Emerald Home Furnishings participates in E-Verify.
Emerald Home Furnishings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status.