Monday-Friday, 6:00AM – 2:30PM
Monday-Thursday, 5:00PM – 4:00PM (+$1.00 shift differential)
Overtime required as needed.
Our Material Handlers assist in the order fulfillment of quality home furniture to local and national retailers. The Material Handler is responsible for completing a variety of warehouse functions and tasks with a "safety/quality first" philosophy to ensure the highest possible level of service and product quality, accuracy, and productivity. Tasks include: filling orders and transfer requests, loading and unloading of product on designated carriers and trailers, stocking product, stock consolidation, and routine maintenance and housekeeping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving and Stocking: Offload product from containers and trucks onto pallets and/or platforms. Receive correct quantities into warehouse using PO’s, manifest and transfers. Utilize RF scanner, order picker, forklift and reach truck to transfer product to correct location.
- Order Picking and Loading for Delivery: Utilizing RF scanners to pick orders and load trucks for delivery. This includes the picking and staging of orders for inspection and LTL pickup.
- Will Call: Pick and stage orders (LTL) and assist in the loading of will call customers and common carriers.
- Housekeeping and Daily Equipment Maintenance: Filling propane tanks for the use of the forklifts, pickers, and reach trucks. Maintaining lift truck pre-inspection sheets. Proper clean-up and maintenance of the warehouse and docks.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Strong "safety/quality first" philosophy.
- Physical capability to use maximum muscle force up to 75 pounds.
- Dependable/Reliable – Great Teamwork.
- Ability to occasionally work at heights up to 24 feet.
- Safe and previously certified use of lift trucks (i.e. order pickers, reach trucks and sit-down forklifts) a plus.
- Accurate basic math skills.
- Passion to get Customers Their Stuff.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ months of relevant on the job training.
- 1+ years of warehouse/distribution or furniture industry background.
- Lift truck experience preferred: forklift, order picker, reach truck, etc.
- Handheld RF scanner experience is a plus!
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand, walk, lift, carry, bend knees, bend torso, bend back, use hand functions (close, grasp, pinch and fine manipulation). The employee is frequently required to drive, push, pull, squat, stoop, and reach (overhead and below). The employee is occasionally required to sit, crawl, climb stairs and ladders. When using the picker, employees are required to work at heights of about 50 feet (using harness restraints.) The employee must frequently lift and/or move 75 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to work in an uncontrolled temperature environment – extreme hot/cold temperatures in the warehouse and freight containers. Noise levels are very high. Regular exposure to: dust, gases and fumes (propane and battery fumes).
Appropriate tools are provided to perform the essential functions of the job: ear plugs, gloves, fall restraint harnesses, apron, eye protection.
Emerald Home Furnishings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status.