Part-time, up to 30 hours/week (non-exempt)
Monday-Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Length: September through December
Location: On-site, no remote
We are looking for a college student or recent graduate to work with our Marketing and Sales Support team for a paid internship. Those studying Marketing, Public Relations, and Communication are particularly encouraged to apply. We are looking for someone who flourishes in a collaborative environment while feeling comfortable owning their individual responsibilities.
Intern will have the opportunity to learn and work with social media management, Product Information Management (PIM) software systems, and Digital Asset Management (DAM) software systems as well as producing product imagery.
Internship will include hands-on experience and exposure to:
- Manage one social media account (Pinterest) and assist with other platforms
- Database management and analytics within an email marketing platform (Mailchimp)
- Build valuable experience in a PIM with product images, copy, attributes, and other product information management
- Shooting and editing product photography and videography
- Working within a B2B business model
- Coordinate with Marketing, Sales, and Product Development teams
The ideal candidate is:
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Able to take direction but can confidently work autonomously
- Has excellent team communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to balance having fun with getting the work done
- A strong believer in the Oxford comma and single spaces after terminal punctuation
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Basic Adobe CC Photoshop (cropping, image resizing, working with layers)
- Microsoft Office 365: Intermediate level Outlook, Word. Basic level Excel, PowerPoint
- Comfortable working in a Windows 10 desktop environment
This position reports to the Marketing and Sales Support Manager and is required to work on site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to work in a temperature controlled indoor office environment. Changes in temperature and sound volumes will occur when entering our warehouse environment.
How to Apply
Interested students and recent graduates, please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- A cover letter outlining why you feel you are the person we need to fill this internship
- A current resume
- An employment application
Emerald Home Furnishings is a full-line supplier to home furnishings retailers throughout the United States and around the world. Our current product lineup focuses on upholstery, dining, bedroom, and a complete line of gel mattresses. Located in Tacoma, WA, Emerald’s offices share space with our Western regional distribution center.
Emerald Home Furnishings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status.